Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Twin mums

Almost 3 years ago now I looked like this:)
And I was lucky enough to attend a multiple birthing class with a lot of other ladies that looked like that too. There must have been about 15 couples in total and we shared such exercises as "5 things not to say to your wife during birth" and also got to listen to the (terrifying) stories of twin moms that had been through birth. About the end of July 2008 I started to get e-mails from all the couples documenting the arrivals of each set of twins. For the most part our group had good, long pregnancies and straightforward births though quite a few C-sections. Max and Zoe were the 2nd to last to be born and about 4 weeks after that they went on their first outing to meet the other twins from my birth class. Since then I have kept in touch with many of these amazing women and our kids have become good friends. I also joined another twin mum group called PEPS when M and Z were about 6 weeks and I have to say I think I owe all of these ladies my sanity. I got to share the best and the worst ( and in my case it was mostly worse) of early parenthood with them. They got me through tandem nursing, total sleep deprivation, pumping and the world's stompiest baby. Now we share mostly laughs, food and wine, but I am eternally grateful to them all for getting me through those dark days and thankful that I get to share the terrific twos with them right now.

Here are a few pictures from todays adventure with 5 twin moms, 5 sets of twins and baby Nash. We even ventured out for pizza after the open gym:)

Lastly, we missed you Oscar and Sadie, get well soon.

Milo and Nash

Max and Emily

Tate and Adelyn

Max, Miles,Shannon,Gia and Zoe

Max and a very unhappy Jacob:)

Zoe and Emily

Milo,Huston and baby Nash
Group shot


No comments:

Post a Comment