Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More fun at the farm

You may have noticed quite a few farm posts lately, well that is because Max and Zoe love farms and I do too. Last week we checked out Farrell Mcwhirter farm in Redmond to see what that had to offer. I mostly wanted to go because it was the only local place I could find that did riding lessons for 2 year olds, but it also looked like it had nice places to walk. As it happens I didn't find out anything about the riding lessons as you have to book them through the Redmond parks web-site, but we did have a lovely morning exploring the farm and creek.

About 10 minutes after we arrived M and Z ran off to the swings and I went to collect them, as I returned I was shouted by Shannon who said "A goat is having a baby right now!" We missed that baby's arrival , but got to watch as Momma goat had number 2. The goat was a twin momma too. It was actually really cool for us to see and though the kids were a bit concerned at the goats 'owee' they watched transfixed. The mom had two beautiful boys and we told the lady that she should call them Max and Miles. We'll go back in a few weeks and see if she did.

After that we checked out the other animals then took a short hike along the river. Needless to say everyone got wet and everyone had fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment