Sunday, August 12, 2012

A waterfall and some skinny dipping

Back in the day my favorite field trip we used to go on was to the Cedar river water shed.   The water shed area is very close to Rattle snake lake, near North bend about 30 miles east of Seattle.  Much of seattle's water comes from there and it is a really beautiful place that can only be visited on a tour.  So I booked us in and headed over there one Friday in July.  We arrived early so we could ride the great trail along the lake shore, and after a little train time in the visitors center we jumped on our bus.  The kids loved the tour and Zoe was obsessed with the map.  They thought the waterfall was amazing and just sat looking at it for ages.  They were sad to get off the bus.

After a picnic at the fire circle, we listened to the rain drums for a while then got back on the bikes to take a swim in the lake.  As we were riding back, Max and Zoe spotted one of the guys from our tour taking a quiet skinny dip in the lake.  I'm sure he was thrilled to have them announce that he was "Nakey, Nake" to all around.  But once they saw that they couldn't get their kit off fast enough and into the lake.  For the record we did move along the shore a fair way to give that guy some privacy.  Anyway they had a blast and really what's not to love about a skinny dip?





14 comments:

  1. it looks like they had a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe is so adorable. Did she toot in her diaper did she toot, toot, toot? It looks like no need for a diaper change yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe said mommy can I play outside naked with my cousins? Their white butts are already naked to the world and I want to play naked too. I just need you to take off my clothes and my diaper. The swing is cold on my bare butt. Mommy even though I am 5 yeArs old can you still lift my legs up and wipe my poopy bottom with baby wipes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y Tu Pilin Niños Encuerate Dile A Los Niños Que Se Encueren Todos Los Niños

    ReplyDelete
  7. un niño no tiene pilin, niña no tiene pilin

    ReplyDelete
  8. dile A Un Niño De Frente Aver Su Pilin Del Niño

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Y El Niño Y Tu Pilin Primero Y Tu Pilin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y El Niño Y Tu Pilin Primero Y Tu Pilin Y Tu Culo Me Lo Puedes Mostrar Y Tu Pilin Primero Y Tu Pilin

    ReplyDelete