Monday, February 21, 2011

Pint sized Picassos

I have always wanted to be able to paint and draw, but alas that talent went to both my sister and brother. My art teacher in high school(11-18 in UK) actually laughed out loud as I handed in my first year art exam. So that my children might be spared that humiliation I took them to an art class.
The class is run at Curious Kidstuff in West Seattle which is actually an awesome toy/art shop with an art studio upstairs. The age range for the session I attended was 18 months to 3 years. Basically, the teacher set up several different art projects and the children were free to move about the room as they pleased.
Max and Zoe had a great time painting, doing collage, finger painting and doing play doh. They also enjoyed painting each other, eating an entire large glue stick (Zoe) painting the glass door and his hair (Max) and getting in a punch out fight at the sink. However, what my children lack in decorum they make up for in zeal. They were the worst behaved, but they had the most fun!

Also if you look closely at Max's moon picture you can see he nearly put 666 across the top. Just sayin' :)








No comments:

Post a Comment