Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Winnie The Pooh

Today was a very strange day chez Max and Zoe. It started this morning as we were getting ready for zoo class when Max said he was sick and his foot was broken. Zoe said that she had'owee boobies' and she couldn't walk at the zoo. So I took the stroller. When they got there Max was fine, but Zoe just whined the whole time. Not too much fun. I figured they'd be fine after a nap, and planned to spend the afternoon at the wading pool. I had all the stuff packed and was all ready to go and told them so when I got them up. Max just said 'NO WAY', and then lay there on the couch. Very odd, I have never seen him do this before. Obviously he was under the weather or something.

So I let them read all of their friends blogs instead and saw that Cassie and Leah had just been to see Winnie the Pooh. Great idea,(Thanks jamie!) I thought and 5 minutes later we were out the door and on our way to our very first movie. I had no time to talk it up, but did tell them we were going to watch a really big TV show in a dark room. I told them it was Winnie the Pooh and as soon as we got there, Zoe kept saying "I no see Winnie mummy, he not here." She was eventually distracted by the bag of popcorn, which according to Max was 'Super nummy."

They loved the movie and sat and watched the whole thing. Zoe gave a very detailed running commentary of everything that was happening and even screamed that the Owl should go in time out as he had taken the donkey tail. She could recall her favorite part, 'when pooh bear climbed up the ABC's', and kept saying 'I so happy.' Max mostly ate his popcorn and laughed at tigger. When I asked him about his favorite part he said 'popcorn.'

Anyway we all had a great time and it was the perfect way to spend a happy afternoon with two very grumpy children.


No comments:

Post a Comment