Friday, August 5, 2011

Leavenworth

Last week we decided to take an overnight trip to Leavenworth. I have been to Leavenworth many, many times but only to Gustav's to gorge on onion rings and Whistling Pig wheat ale after hiking one of the many trials in the near by mountains. Leavenworth is an 'authentic barvarian village' or so they say. Basically what that means is that the Starbucks and the Maccy'd's have wooden roofs and there are about a million shops selling loads of crap nobody needs. However if you ignore all that, it is in an amazing spot and as it is west of the crest the weather is great.
I drove the kids up after pre-school last week and they slept pretty much the whole way. We met Scott there and went to check into the condo. It was in the high 80's so we spent the afternoon in the hotel pool. The have great beer there so we ate dinner a beer garden then hung out in the river until late. The next day we hiked through the forest for a couple of hours. Max and Zoe were rock stars and walked a long way. Zoe also surprised us by reading her first word. She went up to the Road Closed sign and said "I know what that says" then she pointed to the word closed and said "Closed."I thought that was pretty cool.
On the way home we stopped at the Reptile zoo. This is a place my mum NEVER needs to visit. It is full of snakes, cockroaches and a bunch of massive spiders. They also have some strange 2 headed lizard that I'm sure was on the X-files. M and Z loved it and even stroked a snake, me I thought it was a bit creepy but I'm glad we stopped off all the same.
Anyway the trip was a great success and I plan on going back before the summer is out and maybe going for Octoberfest.








This is a real alligator turtle. It is scary looking that's for sure.
Mum and Shannon I took this just for you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment