Friday, September 9, 2011

Itty Bitty Camp

My favorite class this summer was a weekly class we took called Itty Bitty Camp. This class was held at Discovery park which is one of my favorite places in Seattle. Before I took this class I thought I knew Discovery pretty well, but teacher Lisa introduced to all sorts of new habitats and took us on trails I'd never seen before. Each week we visited different habitats that included the woodlands, the meadows, the wetlands and the ponds. We learned all about dome spider webs and stinging nettles, and took time to look at slugs and mushrooms as we walked the trails. The classes Max and Zoe liked best were pond dipping and playing hide and seek in the tall meadow grasses. In fact every time we visit Discovery park now they ask us can we go up to the "rabbit church" and play "hide the seek".












1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I've been wanting to do an outdoors camp with the guys:) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete