Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Very Happy Thanksgiving

Some of you may recall that last Thanksgiving was not a fun one.  It included rain, grumpiness, a lot of cooking all washed down with crying (the children) and bickering (me and Scott).  I know that it is supposed to be a time that you are with family and you all have to sit there and say what you are thankful for ; but this year I was just very thankful for the fact we went to Whistler and spent the long weekend skiing and avoiding food coma and the diabolical shopping frenzy known as "Black Friday."

What can I say it was awesome.  A monsoon in Seattle fell as over 3 feet of new snow and it was the best opening weekend to ski season ever.  The very best part was sharing the thing I love to do best with M and Z.  It was a serious lump in the throat moment dropping them at ski school and watching them waddle onto the gondola and ride to the mid station.  We collected them 6 hours later and they had "ski-ded down the whole big mountain."  I think it was my proudest moment as a mum thus far.


So this year I am thankful that we got to have fun as a family:)

No comments:

Post a Comment