Friday, January 28, 2011

Jack's speech

My nephew Jack started school full time in September. He is only 4, but children start school the year they turn 5 in England. As Jack has a May birthday he is one of the younger ones in his class, but he seems to be doing very well. I was interested to see Jack's school both as his auntie and as a teacher. I was really impressed with the warm environment, and how small and personal it was. There is only one class in each grade and there are less than 20 students in each class.

Each month one of the classes hosts a family assembly and today it was the turn of Jack's class. The assembly theme was 'people that help us' and Jack had been practising his words all week. They give the assembly in the main hall so he practised saying his part really loud. He is quite shy so I was thinking he might be overwhelmed on the day, but he did a great job. The rest of the assembly was super cute with some of the class members acting out scenes from Florance Nightingale's life.

I couldn't get any pictures during the assembly but I was able to line the cousins up for a photo op on a school bench.


No comments:

Post a Comment