Saturday, January 8, 2011

Martin Mere



This week my sister and I decided to brave the cold and head to a local wetland called Martin Mere. It cost about 3 million pounds to get in (okay I am exaggerating slightly) and then we threw more money away so the kiddos could feed the birds. For that kind of money I was hoping to see a phoenix or at least a Marabu stork, but mostly they got to feed pigeons and some ducks. They thought it was fantastic though. Max and Zoe loved watching their older cousins throwing their grain onto the frozen pond and were soon to copy. Pink Flamingos hiding from the snow
Jack, Theo, Max and Zoe feed the birds.

After a fun filled, but very cold hour spent touring we visited the on site cafe for refreshment. I bought M and Z juice which cost 2 pounds 50 a box! (That is nearly $4.50). The cashier said it was because it was "fair trade." Mmmmm 9 bucks for 2 boxes of juice not much fair about that I think!






No comments:

Post a Comment